Releasing Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Beginning on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the Mutual Credit Union Online Banking service will offer a new security feature. This added step in the login process helps safeguard your personal information by adding another layer of identity verification to online financial interactions. The protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us.
How does this new security feature work?
When logging into online banking on your computer, you will receive a message (text or voice) on your phone with a 4-digit code. You will be asked to enter this 4-digit code to complete the login process on your computer. NOTE: This feature requires a simple setup, but it takes the place of answering security questions when logging into online banking. This feature does NOT apply to our mobile app.
When will this new feature begin?
Starting Tuesday, February 27, 2018, when you log into online banking on a computer, you will be asked to set up your verification phone number.
How do I set up this feature?
After you enter your username and password, you will see the screen below:
- You can choose a phone number that is currently listed on your account, or add another number of your choice. It will save up to 5 phone numbers on your account.
- Choose your Notification preference (Text or Call).
- Click “Save”, and you will receive two text or voice messages: one notifying you that alerts are activated, and the other with a 4-digit code to verify the phone number. Instructions for Opting Out of this service are also listed in the first text. All verification codes will be 4-digit codes.
- You are now set up for this security feature!
- All verification messages will come from the same 5-digit phone number (28369).
- The 4-digit verification code will be different each time you receive an alert.
- Once you are signed up, you can update your phone number: Log into online banking, go to Settings > Security and Alerts > Identity Verification Phones.
The 4-digit verification code is only active for 5 minutes. If it takes you longer than 5 minutes to enter the code and authenticate your account then please go back into your online banking and generate another verification code.
To make changes to your profile and phone settings from a mobile device login to the http://www.mutualcu.org website using “Safari,” “Chrome”, “Explorer”, or “Edge” internet browsers and then access Online Banking.
Please let us know should you have any further questions by calling 877-457-3654. We are pleased to be able to offer this level of security and account protection to our members. We appreciate your trust in Mutual Credit Union as your primary choice in financial institutions.